Position ID: LPM-1063
Position Title: IT Project Manager
Position Post Date: January 4, 2019
Position Type: Contractor
Position Location: Roanoke, VA
The IT Project Manager is responsible for development and execution of multiple coordinated activities across IT teams, including projects and maintenance activities. The role is responsible for coordinating activities of a project team, identifying appropriate resources needed, developing schedules and monitoring execution to ensure timely completion of efforts.
- Solid communication skills. Consistent communication and keeping requester informed of ticket status. Ability to translate end-user concerns to technical needs for communication within team or with other IT teams.
- Good collaboration skills, within team and with others. The individual must have the ability to work with others in a collaborative way, sharing his/her ideas/opinions.
- Prioritizing workload based on alignment with leadership defined urgency and prioritization guidelines.
- Must be able to manage requirements gathering, technical definition and task tracking to be successful.
- Must understand key business functions, technical solutions supporting them, and identify potential risks involved with changes or activities that he/she is responsible for. He/She must be able to weigh the potential impact and identify the appropriate options for resolution with all included considerations.
- Advanced skill in MS Office Professional Series (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook). Proficient in Visio and comfortable creating process maps.
- Knowledge of project management tools, methods and best practices as defined by the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Solid understanding of business mathematics and basic project accounting principles.
- Able to effectively guide engineers, working alongside of them when necessary to show them the key factors to manage throughout their project/task. The individual should highlight the key caveats and goals for the related work.
- Ability to develop task-lists for major projects, including developing phases, recognizing LoE, business risk and predecessors / dependencies.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and negotiation skills, ability to make recommendations that drive business growth and organizational efficiency.
- Can work independently on multiple projects or tasks.
- Solid experience in IT Infrastructure Project Management with a heavy focus in Network Services.
- Organizing, evaluating demand for, and guiding the execution of services delivered within the IT organization.
- Process evaluation and development, including process maturity modeling and impact analysis across multiple operational activities and projects.
- Organizing regular touch-point meetings across teams, with objectives:
- Review active project and operations workload.
- Review missing processes or incomplete processes.
- Provide guidance to assist team with more timely execution of tasks and resolution to incidents.
- Coordination with identified IT Portfolio Management and IT Leadership providing updates in guiding the management of active workload, incoming demand and capacity.
- Regular network service and infrastructure life cycle maintenance planning and activities. Including developing reports to immediate leadership team, explaining status of current service and system capacity; highlighting any concerns.
- Define scope and objectives; and ensure adherence to quality standards and review project deliverables.
- Identify appropriate resource needs; work with appropriate management to get resource commitments; make recommendations in sourcing strategy.
- Create and manage schedules efficiently; track progress in completing tasks and milestones.
- Manage scope and cost; ensure financial forecast is created and maintained.
- Take action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems; escalate issues to management and stakeholders as necessary.
- Conduct meetings; prepare and present status reports on a regular basis to management.
- Participate in and lead internal process improvements and make recommendations on areas of improvement to management team.
- Ongoing maintenance and operational process development and improvement.
- Engagement with vendors for service and solution evaluation regarding project and life cycle initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.